- Stage I of the Indian Philosophy Olympiad begins 22 Dec 2011. Students (std 8 to 12) should download the paper linked to the site - http://abhinav.ac.in/DoV/Stimulus/Philosopher.htm - on the morning of 22 Dec. Then attempt the MCQ and subjective questions meant to test the student's language and reasoning skills. The solutions must be emailed to email@example.com by the 3rd Jan 2012. Instructions on how to send the solutions will be given in the paper. Those who cant email, may send by post / hand delivery by the same deadline.
- 20% from the top will be invited to the next stage.
- Stage II will be an essay competition conducted on Sunday 8th Jan 2012 between 9 am and 12:30 pm. 4 essay topics will be announced at 9 am to the participants by email and on this blog. Students have to write an essay on one of them and submit by 12:30 pm (about 3 hrs writing time) by email.
- Topper recieves the medal among other prizes. Top 10 percentile students get a prize.
- Students are invited from the top to participate in the team going to Oslo in May 2012. If one refuses, the next in list is asked. Please remember - no part of this competition is charged a fee. However, the travel costs to Oslo and back and travel costs to the training center (Abhinav Vidyalay, Dombivli) for about a month, have to be borne by the student.
To train young minds in rational philosophy - for the Philosophy Olympiad, and moreover for Life. My notes and discussions on various topics from Philosophy, Education, Astronomy, Physics & Programming as means to the above-stated end.
Dec 15, 2011
Indian Team - Selection around the corner
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Please comment only on the content of the post. If you wish to raise a new issue or create a new post, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.